Episode #2 Hans Kleissl: Our new buyer’s guide series of short interviews with the most influential collectors and dealerships is giving you some insight’s into the market and the most collectable automobiles.
1. How is the market doing at the moment ?
Since spring 2021, the market value of 300SLs has been rising steadily.
2. What are the three most important buying criteria?
In my opinion, there are only 2 important criteria for buying a 300SL: it must either be in very good original condition or excellently restored. Mediocre cars are not wanted.
3. What are the most undervalued and overlooked classics?
The most undervalued and overlooked classics are the Mercedes Benz 300 S and the Mercedes Benz 300 SC.
4. What is your daily driver?
My daily car is a black 3.5 convertible.
5. Your dream car and all time favourite?
My dream car is the Uhlenhaut Coupe. I never thought it possible that one of the two original Uhlenhaut Coupes would ever be sold. For this reason I rebuilt a 300 SL in Uhlenhaut look more than 10 years ago.