Probably the UK’s best known Daytona conversion and one possessing a fascinating history! Original right-hand drive car!
- Delivered new in the UK
- Converted to Spyder configuration in 1978 by Autokraft-
- Comprehensive history file with known ownership history-
- circa £25,000 recent expenditure with Foskers-
- Electronic power steering-
- Marcel Massini report
- 1971 Supplied new by Maranello Concessionaires Limited to Dudley Mason-Styrron – his second of seven Ferrari Daytonas
- 1972/3 Stuart and Wendy Flood – and reregistered ‘5 UKX’
- 1978 Peter Thorp owner of Safir Engineering Ltd, former makers of the MkV Ford GT40. Peter managed to persuade his neighbour Brian Angliss of CP Autokraft to carry out a Spyder conversion.
- 1987 – Tom Walduck during whose ownership it was used in a TV commercial for Cadbury’s chocolate.
- 2003 Mr Henry Weitzmann of Basingstoke, still registered as ‘5 UKX’.
- 2006 Mr Ian Buddery of Sydney. The car was registered on Australian license plates as ‘GTS 365’.
- 2013 back in the UK ‘14397’ was acquired by the current owner and further work commenced.
Impressive documented history with extensive expenditure – the most recent issued by Foskers in August 2015, is for £25,313 including being re-painted to its current colour.
The Ferrari had covered 53,128 miles at that time and only 284 miles have been added to the total since then.
‘14397’ comes complete with its Ferrari leather book pack; a large file of sundry invoices; old MOT certificates; two keys; a copy of the factory build sheet; and copies of the original order form, Italian customs form, and warranty booklet.
Report by Talacrest.com