The Merchant is built on the same last as the Blacksmith, but it achieves a slimmer profile and lower toe profile by forgoing a toe box. The 8064 in Amber Harness leather is built with a three-quarter Goodyear welt and Puritan triple stitch construction, atop a Chemigum outsole, used with Red Wing work boots since 1964.
When Red Wing Shoe Company was founded in 1905, streets were still muddy, travel was still largely by train or horse-drawn and daily life a little more demanding. So footwear had to be versatile—even a shop owner or banker needed shoes that could keep feet safe and dry but brush off and look good while doing business. The Merchant is a direct descendant of those earliest boots we made, like the style 245 from 1920.
Click here for further information
Report by redwingheritage.com