Early July is tomorrow! It was therefore necessary to fix the calendar so as not to take anyone by surprise. Due to the more than capricious changes in the constraints applied to large-scale events, Peter Auto and the Automobile Club de l’Ouest were forced to postpone once again the tenth edition of Le Mans Classic to the first or second weekend of July 2022 (the date will be confirmed in September).
- Le Mans Classic postponed to 2022
- A Le Mans Classic “Centenary” edition in 2023
- Historic Racing by Peter Auto on 3 & 4 July 2021 on the Le Mans Bugatti circuit
Indeed, it is totally impossible to organize a miniature of the event which normally welcomes 200,000 spectators who, moreover, will have to participate seated: no more clubs, no more villages, no more activities… In summary, a Le Mans Classic which would not be anymore the celebration of the automobile it has become in twenty years and ten editions of existence. Unthinkable!
But being deprived for two editions of the retrospective of the biggest race in the world deserves an exceptional catch-up session. The centenary celebrations of the 24 Hours of Le Mans will therefore be an opportunity for Le Mans Classic to also take place in July 2023.
We will communicate at the latest on the 5th July 2021 with all the relevant information regarding the ticket orders, for the spectators who already have their tickets but are unable to attend the rescheduled dates.
Patrick Peter, Peter Auto : “The maximum figures of people imposed by the government do not allow us to maintain this event on the initial dates (July 1 to 4, 2021). Moreover, even if it has been considered, a closed session would not do justice to this. event and would considerably reduce the beautiful tribute to the great history of endurance. Le Mans Classic without public, without exhibitors and without clubs it is not Le Mans Classic. We will nevertheless meet again in August during the 24 Hours Le Mans with the presence of Endurance Racing Legends cars as the support race. Enthusiasts will have two successive years of Mans Classic since we will do another edition in 2023 which will be an opportunity to reinforce the tribute to the centenary of creation of the 24 Hours of Le Mans race.“
Pierre Fillon, President of the Automobile Club de l’Ouest : “Organizing Le Mans Classic behind closed doors would not make any sense. This event is made for the public, and the lack of visibility on the current situation generates this logical decision. This event loved by all enthusiasts will be held in 2022, before a return in 2023 for a centenary edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans which promises to be exceptional. The Endurance Racing Legends, support race for the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year, will allow the automobile to be celebrated as it should be.”
Historic Racing By Peter Auto on the Le Mans Bugatti circuit
To nevertheless continue keeping the passion alive around the magical name of Le Mans, on the Bugatti circuit for the competitors will have the opportunity to ride the Bugatti at a new meeting: Historic Racing By Peter Auto on the Le Mans Bugatti circuit to be held on the weekend scheduled for Le Mans Classic, on July 3 & 4, 2021; bringing together all Series by Peter Auto: Classic Endurance Racing I & II, Fifties ‘Endurance, Sixties’ Endurance, Heritage Touring Cup, 2.0L Cup, The Greatest’s Trophy, Endurance Racing Legends and Group C.
Peter Auto calendar
- 30 april-2 may – Dix Mille Tours du Castellet – Paul Ricard Circuit (France)
- CANCELLED 14-16 may – Spa-Classic – Spa-Francorchamps Circuit (Belgium)
- 29 may-3 june – Rallye des Princesses Richard Mille – Rallye (France)
- Co-organization with Zaniroli Events
4-6 june – Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or – Dijon-Prenois Circuit (France)
- POSTPONED TO 2022 1-4 july – Le Mans Classic – 24 Heures Circuit (France)
- NEW 3-4 july – Historic Racing By Peter Auto – Bugatti Circuit (France)
- NEW 23-25 july – Nogaro Classics – Nogaro Circuit (France)
- 30 august-4 september – Tour Auto Optic 2000 – Rally (France)
- 10-12 september – Vallelunga Classic – Autodromo Piero Taruffi (Italie)
- 21-25 september – Rallye des Légendes Richard Mille – Touristic Rally
- 8-10 october – Estoril Classics – Circuito do Estoril (Portugal)
Report by lemansclassic.com