Built on an all-new carbon-fibre monocoque chassis, the Ferrari 499P features solutions that represent the cutting edge of motor sport technology and demonstrates Ferrari’s manifesto to their commitment to endurance racing.
The car’s technical and aerodynamic features enhanced by means of simple, sinuous shapes: – an explicit expression of Ferrari’s DNA. In defining the 499P, Ferrari drew upon their vast resources of technical, professional and human excellence that epitomise the Maranello marque, entrusting the management to Attività Sportive GT, under the direction of Antonello Coletta and the technical supervision of Ferdinando Cannizzo, head of the department in charge of engineering and development of Sports and GT racing cars.
This model of the Ferrari 499P will be the perfect 1:8 scale recreation of the #51 Hypercar that was raced to victory by Alessandro Pier Guidi, James Calado and Antonio Giovinazzi in the 2023 24 Hours of Le Mans. Ferrari’s victory marked a return to the elite class of WEC after 50 years and also coincided with the Centenary edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, commemorating 100 years since the inaugural race in 1923. The Ferrari 499Ps started from the top two positions on the grid with Hypercar numbers 50 and 51, respectively, thanks to the times posted during the Hyperpole when Fuoco took pole. With five hours until the chequered flag of round four of the FIA WEC 2023, after 261 laps, Pier Guidi defended a lead over the number eight car. The 499P number 51 starred overnight when Calado fought a tight battle with the only Toyota left in the race, completing a triple stint before handing the wheel to Giovinazzi.
At the chequered flag Antonio Fuoco, Miguel Molina and Nicklas Nielsen finished fifth in the 499P number 50, delayed during the night by repairs that knocked the crew out of contention for the podium, despite an excellent performance that saw them climb several places back up the standings. The #51 Hypercar triumphed after covering 342 laps on the French track. The Prancing Horse claimed its tenth overall victory at Le Mans and now comprises thirty-nine victories, including 29 class wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- Limited Edition of 499 pieces
- Based on the #51 Hypercar as raced to victory by Alessandro Pier Guidi, James Calado and Antonio Giovinazzi in the 24 Hours of Le Mans on the 10th and 11th of June 2023
- Each model hand-built and assembled by a small team of craftsmen
- 1:8 scale model
- Made using the finest quality materials
- Thousands of precisely engineered parts: castings, photo-etchings and CNC machined metal components
- Built using original CAD designs based on scans of a real car
- Original paint codes and material specifications supplied by Ferrari
- Officially licensed 24 Hours of Le Mans product
more information: amalgamcollection.com