Exquisite, reference-class direct drive turntable system, the SL-1000RE-S uses the SP-10RE-S motor unit with a coreless direct drive motor that was developed for the SL-1200G and further improved to provide both high rigidity and reliability.
The high-sensitivity tonearm achieves high initial-motion sensitivity to precisely trace the grooves cut into the records, producing highly vivid sounds.
- Double coil twin rotor-type coreless direct drive motor with heavyweight-class platter
- Constructed to prevent unwanted vibration, helping to achieve overwhelming rotary precision
- The turntable platter positions tungsten weights for high rigidity and excellent vibration damping
- The control unit is separated from the main unit to suppress the effects of unwanted noise
- Supports not only LP (33 1/3 rpm) and EP (45 rpm) analog records, but also SP (78 rpm)
Suppressing Unwanted MotorVibration
The motor that was developed for the SL-1200G served as the platform for the direct drive motor. The double coil, reinforced thrust bearings, and a chassis with increased rigidity achieved a stabilized motor with low center of gravity. By positioning two stainless steel weights with high rigidity and high specific gravity at the bottom of the chassis, the rigidity and low center of gravity are maintained. These thorough measures to prevent unwanted vibration help to achieve overwhelming rotary precision and improve S/N.
more information: us.technics.com