The Bonhams Goodwood Members’ Meeting Sale will go ahead at 1pm on Sunday 29 March as scheduled, offering a broad selection of sports, competition and collectors’ motor cars. However, in light of the current situation, and in accordance with government advice, Bonhams is taking extra health and safety precautions notably:
• Public viewing will be by appointment only
• The sale will be conducted behind closed doors
Bids can be made on the telephone, online and as absentee bids as usual, but clients will not be able to bid in person in the room.
• The auction will as ever be live streamed on the Bonhams website and Goodwood Road and Racing Channel.
• The sale will commence at 1pm on Sunday 29 March with James Knight, Bonhams Group Motoring Chairman, on the rostrum as auctioneer.
• There will be no admittance for the general public. The sale will operate with increased capacity for telephone, online and absentee bidding only.
• Tailored ‘walk around’ videos of each lot will be available upon request to view here: www.bonhams.com/26110. Condition reports are also available for registered bidders.
• The lots will be available to view in person at Bonhams’ marquee at Goodwood,
by appointment only in one-hour slots during the following times:
– Saturday 28th March, from 9am to 5pm
– Sunday 29th March, from 9am to 11.45am
• A maximum of 10 viewers will be allowed inside the marquee at any one time to ensure sufficient social distancing.
• Special attention will be paid by Bonhams valets to cleaning and sanitising all ‘touch points’, including car door handles. We have made available extra hand washing facilities and sanitiser stations.
• Bonhams staff are being issued with clear guidelines in accordance with NHS advice.
• Bidders can register at: https://www.bonhams.com/how_to_buy/ or call the Bonhams Bids Office on +44 (0) 20 7447 7447.
• Viewing appointments should be booked in advance with Bonhams UK motor car department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online catalogue can be viewed here: www.bonhams.com/26110
Report by bonhams.com