ROFGO COLLECTION offers an ideal Christmas present – the exclusive look at one of the world’s greatest collections of competition cars. During the late 1960s, the success achieved by the Gulf-JW Automotive team fired the imagination of a young German enthusiast by the name of Roald Goethe and created a lasting impression.
Decades later, and with the help of Adrian Hamilton, Goethe set about fulfilling a childhood dream. His mission was to create a collection of racers that had been backed by one of the most famous names in motorsport sponsorship – Gulf Oils.
From sports-racers and single-seaters to 21st century GT contenders, the result is an unrivalled and truly evocative set of more than 30 cars – all of which are included in this exciting new title.
- Every car in the collection, from Mirage M1 to Aston Martin GTE, covered in depth by one of the world’s leading motorsport historians.
- The full history of iconic models such as the Ford GT40, Porsche 917 and McLaren M23 – plus lesser-known curiosities such as the Mirage M5 Formula Ford car.
- Quotes from the drivers, engineers and team managers who were involved with each car.
- This is by no means a static collection – the book also includes the story of how the cars are looked after and campaigned in the world’s best historic motorsport events.
- Full specifications and period race history for every car included in the extensive appendices.
- More than 300 photographs, including a specially commissioned photoshoot of each car and superb archive images.
- Limited edition of 900 copies.
Specifications: 240 mm x 300 mm (landscape), 304 pages
Another exclusive limited edition is also available here. Signed by Derek Bell and Doug Nye, and bound in two shades of leather to match the iconic Gulf colours, the ROFGO Collector’s Edition will be limited to just 30 copies.
Handmade by Ludlow Bookbinders, these numbered books will be stunning and a joy to own.
more information by porterpress.co.uk