Get “The Knowledge” about every driver and car to take part in Formula 1 since 1950. All the facts and figures you could ever want to know. Along with amusing anecdotes, there’s a run-down of regulations over the years, the history of qualifying formats, and race results tables, plus an extensive photo section.
The first edition of this book was groundbreaking: an entire book dedicated to F1 records and trivia, which proved hugely popular with F1 enthusiasts and fans of racing statistics. This new second edition is fully updated, with up-to-date stats, and an extended narrative including many amusing, and some serious, stories from the history of F1. There are performance records of every driver, every car constructor, and every engine make to have taken part, a detailed insight into the variety of qualifying procedures throughout the years, a summary of regulation changes since 1950 and a quick reference guide to every grand prix result.
Performances are analysed by nationality, youngest/oldest, fastest/slowest, consecutive wins, poles, most wins at different circuits, and lots more. It’s not just focused on drivers and cars, but circuits, engines and tyres too. A comprehensive photographic section depicts the changing scene of Formula 1 since its inception in 1950.
This book will be an invaluable reference book, that will both entertain and provide definitive data at your fingertips.
What reviewers said about the 1st edition:
“This is the most amazing book. In this latest thing, the author has surpassed himself. This book gives you the facts about every aspect of Formula 1 you could possibly want to know, and a good deal more besides.” – Bulletin of the British Racing Drivers’ Club
“The most comprehensive compilation of Formula 1 ever. Simply outstanding – you may know a lot about F1 – but here you have more, completely undiscovered items, oceans of F1 trivia to explore.” – Gran Turismo, Sweden
“A magnificent book. You can get to know absolutely everything on F1, rigorously documented compilation of the most exciting moments of F1 history. Essential for the ‘geek’ library all Formula 1. A new way of understanding F1.” – Auto-Hebdo Sports, Spain
“Weird triumphs, heroic failures, unfeasible stats, beyond belief coincidences! It’s the story of f1 like you’ve never read it before. A fest of nerdy entertainment as well as definitive data.” – Car Magazine
“Every Formula 1 fan will be amazed by this book, simply because they will discover so much they didn’t know. A treat for all fans. Nothing less than the best book for Formula 1 statistics and curiosities.” – Speedweek.com, Switzerland
- The updated and extended 2nd edition of this popular title
- The most complete record of Formula 1 statistics and trivia ever published
- More than 1200 sections on the drivers, the cars, the engines, the tyres, and the circuits
- Original ideas for analyses that won’t be found anywhere else
- Performance records of every driver, every constructor, and every engine make to have taken part in F1
- Amazing coincidences, and many funny stories – as well as some serious ones
- A summary of regulation changes since 1950
- A detailed insight into the variety of qualifying procedures throughout the years
- A quick reference guide to every grand prix result – all the facts and figures you could ever want to know. The only book ever to focus in such detail on Formula 1 records, and to contain many new ideas for looking at Formula 1.
- A new collection of carefully selected photographs depicting the history of Formula 1
Report by veloce.co.uk