RM Sotheby’s electrified car enthusiasts at the Monterey Conference Center on Thursday evening with the remarkable barn find assembly of Ferraris, dubbed “The Lost & Found Collection.” The highly anticipated collection of blue-chip Ferraris in varying states of disrepair brought about by Hurricane Charley in 2004 commanded an impressive total result of over $16.5 million.
The event reaffirmed the allure of rare Ferraris remains undiminished, with collectors keen to own these rare artifacts lost to time. Notably, the 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Spider Series I, a battle-scarred gem, fetched an astonishing $1,875,000, with the legendary 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy commanding an eye-popping $3,305,000. Additionally, the 1956 Ferrari 410 Superamerica Coupe Series I, showcasing its timeless beauty beneath the wear and tear, changed hands for a substantial $2,810,000.
The Top 10 Lots of the Lost & Found Collection:
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy by Scaglietti $3,305,000
- 1956 Ferrari 410 Superamerica Coupe Series I by Pinin Farina $2,810,000
- 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Spider Series I by Pinin Farina $1,875,000
- 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Coupe Speciale by Pinin Farina $1,655,000
- 1978 Ferrari 512 BB Competizione $1,490,000
- 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS by Pininfarina $1,116,000
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS by Pininfarina $1,017,000
- 1964 Ferrari 250 GT/L Berlinetta Lusso $907,000
- 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Berlinetta by Scaglietti $500,000
- 1968 Ferrari Dino 206 GT by Scaglietti $456,000
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest collector car auction house by total sales. With over 40 years of proven results in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from auctions (live and online) and private sales to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of Car Specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM Sotheby’s is currently responsible for seven of the top ten most valuable motor cars ever sold at auction. Find out more