A fantastic example of a very early Ferrari 275 GTB Short Nose!
Ferrari 275 GTB Short Nose #06703
- October 1964 Chassis frame sent to Carrozzeria Scaglietti in Modena
- December 1964 Engine assembly completed
- December 1964 Ordered new by Luigi Chinetti Motors, LCM order #72 (139)
- February 24, 1965 Chinetti Motors paid US$7024 to the factory
- 1968 Owned by Robert V. Luebbe, resident in Sheril, NY/USA
- 1968-1990 Owned in Florida and California (now coloured Red and with a rollbar, US racing?)
- 1990-1999 Returned to Europe and owned in France
- 2000-2013 Stored in the UK and registered, now yellow with external fuel cap
- 2013 Sold by Talacrest to UK owner
From the numbers and stamping position 06703 is believed to be one of the first 35 GTBs to be built (in 1964)!
Talacrest knows the Ferrari 275 GTB well having last had it in stock in 2013 and sold it to the last owner. During his ownership 06703 has been restored to it’s rare orginal colour of Grigio Azzurro. A true enthusiast the last owner entered the car into the 2014 Modena Cento Ore and then subsequently had the car sympathetically restored with a view to active use as well as obtaining Ferrari Classiche certification. The work included:
– Minor body refurbishment and repaint to original Grigio Azzurro
– Fitment of the original bumpers
– Fitment of roll cage
– Purchase of number plate 275 DA
– Complete engine rebuild by GTO
– Replacement of clutch
– Fitment of new propshaft
– Dashboard refurbishment
The bills which are documented from the last owner come to over £130k.
The engine when was last dyno tested, it produced a very healthy 314 BHP at 7900 rpm with 211 ib/ft of torque and predictably this translates into one of the best performing 275 GTB’s we have had the pleasure of holding in stock.
A fantastic example of a very early 275 GTB, 06703 is absolutely on the button and ready for an enthusiastic new custodian, who wants a really good example which drives as well as it looks!
Click here for further information
Report by talacrest.com