$6.8 Million In Sales At Mecum Kansas City 2018
- March 28, 2018
- Posted by Marc Enger
While the auction’s highest-dollar sales included an overwhelming majority of vintage iron, it was modern muscle that nabbed the auction’s top honors with the $130,900 sale of a menacing black-on-black 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S107.1). Boasting a supercharged and intercooled 6.2L Hemi V-8 engine capable of producing 808 HP and propelling the car to the 60 MPH mark in just 6.2 seconds, this speed Demon’s status as one of just 3,000 produced made it an especially attractive opportunity. A highly original 1968 Shelby GT350 Convertible (Lot S74)—verified as one of just two built as-optioned—took the second slot among top sales at $102,300. Delivered on April 23, 1968, through Northwestern Motor Car Company in Milwaukee, the car had originally served duty as a company vehicle for A.O. Smith.
A unique 1953 Nash-Healey Le Mans Coupe (Lot S149) fetched a strong sale price as well, reaching $74,250. The car featured bodywork by Pininfarina and additional exclusivity as one of just 506 built from 1951 through 1954. Other vintage rides to claim their spot in the top 10 include two midyear Corvette convertibles, two Bel Air convertibles and two Mustangs.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Kansas City 2018 auction include:
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S107.1) at $130,900
- 1968 Shelby GT350 Convertible (Lot S74) at $102,300
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S85) at $84,700
- 1953 Nash-Healey Le Mans Coupe (Lot S149) at $74,250
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot S88) at $71,500
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot S117) at $66,000
- 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible (Lot S150) at $66,000
- 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback (Lot S110) at $63,250
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot F107) at $61,050
- 1968 Ford Mustang Convertible (Lot S172) at $60,500
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next auction will be this April 5-7 in Houston, Texas, featuring 1,000 classic and collector cars currently headlined by a private collection of 60 vehicles to be offered at no reserve. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
Copyright © 2000-2017 Mecum Auction, Inc. All rights reserved.
Road Art®, Infonet® & The Bid Goes On® are registered trademarks of Mecum Auction, Inc.
Report by mecum.com