1970 Aston Martin DB6 MKII Vantage

Launched in 1965 to replace the DB5, the DB6 is often considered to be the last ‘real’ Aston Martin. With a longer wheelbase, the raised roofline flowed down to the new ‘Kamm’ tail, greatly assisting stability at high speeds. The Tadek Marek designed six-cylinder engine, which had been enlarged to 3,995cc for the preceding DB5, remained unchanged and the power output on triple SU carburettors was 282bhp, rising to 325bhp in Vantage specification.

In the summer of 1969, the MKII DB6 was announced in both Saloon and Convertible (Volante) configurations. Distinguishable by its flared wheel arches and DBS wheels, the MKII benefitted from power-assisted steering as standard. When DB6 production ceased in 1970, a total of 1,753 cars had been made, but significantly only 50 MkII Vantages.

This matching numbers MkII Vantage is one of just 34 original RHD examples built and first registered to the supplying dealers A & B Cars Ltd on 26th February 1970. The history file details all the way back to 1974, with an abundance of invoices and documents, including a complete record of all the owners from new.

During 2007-2008 the Aston was the subject of comprehensive restoration work, undertaken by Mark Danes Ltd, including changing the colour from its original Bahama Yellow to its current Cumberland Grey

Since this work the car has been maintained regardless of cost by Aston Martin Specialists Newlands Motors who most recently undertook a complete engine rebuild over the summer of 2018. A MKII Vantage is a rare car, especially one with such a complete history.

Facebook
Facebook
Instagram
Google+
https://collectorscarworld.com/listings/1970-aston-martin-db6-mkii-vantage/
Twitter
Year: 1970
Make: Aston Martin
Model: DB6 Vantage
Dealer: Pendine
Pendine
Vendor:Pendine
Contact:cars@pendine.co
Website:http://www.pendine.co
Pendine specialise in the sale of historic cars for road and track. Whilst focusing specifically on the immediate post-war period through to the 1970s, our experience ranges from Edwardian racers through to the supercars of the 1990s. The company is named after Pendine sands, the 7 mile stretch of beach on the south coast of Wales that was the setting for Britain claiming and retaining the land speed record in the 1920s. The record runs started with Malcom Campbell in 1924, Parry Thomas with ‘Babs’ in 1926 and finally Campbell again in the first Bluebird in 1927. In the spirit of those pioneer racers, our mission at Pendine is to become the leaders in our field, breathing fresh life into the historic car market as we go.
Back to top
Translate »