Aston Martin DB2/4 MK I 3.0 l. LHD – 1955
Many Feltham Aston Martins (DB2, DB2/4 and DB MK III) crossed my classic car path, but this particular DB 2/4 MKI is one from the/my heart. The reason for that is simple:
– We bought this Aston Martin as a wreck,
– happy that it was a rare original LHD model,
– with matching numbers for engine and chassis,
– in the attractive colour combination of Sea-Green & Beige leather upholstery,
– All this confirmed with an Aston Martin factory build sheet & Motor Heritage Certificate.
Reasons enough to start in our specialist classic car workshop a nut & bolt restoration.
Our customers & classic car friends will confirm that the Feltham Aston Martins were, over the 30 years of activity, a very regular sight in our classic car workshop.
We were very lucky that for this DB 2/4 a loyal customer from the early hours asked us to execute a restoration for him with an open cheque book, following our experience and ideas. Which means we could restore this Aston Martin exactly as we thought would be best. And it is the BEST!
– Frame-up restoration of the tubular chassis.
– Body-off re-alignement and repair of the aluminium coach work as it should be done.
– Complete restoration of suspension, steering (EZ-power steering for facility), brakes, complete mechanics
– Engine rebuild and tuning by the best specialist (Timothy Stamper) developing remarkable smooth power.
– Fitting of a completely new and period correct wiring loom and electrical installation.
– Body preparation and respray to best possible level in original Sea-Green metallic.
– Complete re-upholstery with Connolly hides and Wilton carpets in the correct colour.
– New veneer on dashboard and overhaul of original Smiths instruments.
– All brightwork quality rechromed.
– Fitting of a correct (single) stainless steel exhaust system, new (correct) Dunlop silver wire wheels with Avon Turbo Steel tyres.
Nothing over the top. Just right, as this Aston Martin left the factory in 1955.
No wonder this beauty was constantly admired when participating (without any problems) at the Zoute Grand Prix rally in 2018 and 2019.
The hard and time consuming bit is over. The easy bit is simple: someone just needs to enjoy this Aston Martin now You?
- There are no features available