Amazing SalesAt Mecum’s Harrisburg Auction
- August 10, 2017
- Posted by Marc Enger
Mecum Auctions achieved $20 million in overall sales when it returned to Harrisburg this past week with 858 vehicles on offer at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex. In just three days, 636 vehicles hammered sold for a 74-percent sell-through rate, with Mecum’s Gone Farmin’ division’s Summer Showcase auction complementing the collector-car auction on Saturday, Aug. 5.
American muscle cars were prominent in the spotlight in Harrisburg, with seven of the top 10 born out of the muscle-car era. Two Winged Warriors commanded the highest bids of the auction, with a multiple award-winning 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird (Lot S92) hammering at $415,000 to claim the top sales slot at the auction, followed by a 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S91) hammering at $215,000. Others with strong showings among the top 10 sales at the Harrisburg auction included Shelbys and Hemi-equipped Dodges.
The complete top 10 sales at the Harrisburg 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird (Lot S92) at $415,000
- 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S91) at $215,000
- 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake (Lot S170) at $178,000
- 1971 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T (Lot S151.1) at $165,000
- 1968 Shelby GT500KR Fastback (Lot S82) at $162,500
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot S112) at $160,000
- 1969 Dodge Hemi Super Bee (Lot S136) at $140,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (Lot S155) at $140,000
- 1991 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S105) at $130,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S112.1) at $127,500
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next collector-car auction is Mecum’s Daytime Auction this Aug. 16-19 in Monterey, California, with an anticipated 600-vehicle lineup headlined by Ferrari LaFerraris, Bugatti Veyrons, a 2010 Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita and a 1958 Lister-Jaguar “Knobbly,” to name a few. Mecum will then return to Dallas September 6-9 with an estimated 1,000 vehicles, featuring a 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 factory prototype show car from the Matt Wagoner Collection and a selection of early Fords and more from the Bruce Church Collection. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com.
Report by mecum.com