- Newly delivered to the US. Model was only made for the US market.
- Strong as an ox but usually uses a lot of petrol (which is also the case here).
- Fully restored a while back.
- Belgian papers.
The Mercedes-Benz W116 is a series of flagship luxury sedans produced from September 1972 until 1980. The W116 automobiles were the first MercedesBenz models to be officially called S-Class (S-Klasse in Germany), although earlier sedan models had already unofficially been designated with the letter ‘S’ – for Sonderklasse or “special class.”
In 1975, the W116 was upgraded with a new fuel injection system to comply with revised exhaust emission standards in European markets. A slight power reduction was a result of this update. In 1978, a series of engine upgrades restored original performance levels with new fuel injection systems.
- Length: cm (in): 496 (195)
- Width: cm (in): 187 (73,6)
- Height: cm (in): 143 (56,1)
- Wheelbase: cm (in): 287 (112.8)
- Weight: kg (lb): 1715 (3781)
- Displacement: straight-5 2998 cc (183 cu in), front-mounted
- Valve gear: 10
- Fuel system: indirect injection, turbocharger
- Gearbox: 4-speed automatic
- Driven wheels: rear-wheel drive
- Maximum power: 120 hp at 4350 rpm
- Maximum torque: 231 Nm at 2400 rpm
- Maximum speed: 180 km/h (112 mph)