Lowered price from €47.950 -> €34.950
- Formerly fully restored
- Already a long time with current owner
- In good condition and ready to drive
The Jaguar Mark IV is a more recently developed name now commonly used for a range of automobiles built from 1945 to 1949. This range was a return to production, without the brand name S.S., of the SS Jaguar 1½ litre, 2½ litre and 3½ litre models produced by SS Cars (Jaguar didn’t exist yet) from 1935 to 1940. Mark IV is a name now applied in retrospect to separate this model from the succeeding Mark V range.
Before the Second World War the name Jaguar was the model name given to the complete range of cars built by SS Cars Ltd. The saloons were titled SS Jaguar 1½ litre, 2½ litre or 3½ litre. The two-seater sports car was titled the SS Jaguar 100 2½ litre or 3½ litre.
In March 1945 the name SS Cars Ltd was changed to Jaguar Cars Ltd.
All the cars were built on a separate chassis frame with suspension by semi-elliptic leaf springs on rigid axles front and rear.
- Length: cm (in): 439 ( 173)
- Width: cm (in): 166 (65.5)
- Height: cm (in): 152 (60)
- Wheelbase: cm (in): 286 (112.5)
- Weight: kg (lb): 1270 (2800)
- Displacement: straight four 1776 cc (107.9), front-mounted
- Valve gear: 8
- Fuel system: 2 SU carbs
- Gearbox: 4-speed manual
- Driven wheels: rear-wheel drive
- Maximum power: 65 hp at 4500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 125 Nm at 2000 rpm
- Maximum speed: 1380 km/h (81 mph)